STAY SAFE FROM CYBER THREATS, PUT YOUR SECURITY TO THE TEST
Do You Want To Strengthen Your Cyber Resilience Proactively?
Do You Want To Reduce Your Organisation’s Exposure To Security Risks?
Do You Want To Identify Your Security Holes And Vulnerabilities Before The Hackers Do!?
EITHER WE FIND YOUR VULNERABILITIES OR THE HACKERS WILL!
Cyber security threats continue to grow and evolve in frequency, vector, and complexity. While intentional threats are disastrous enough, unintentional risks face organisations constantly. These threats come in multiple forms, such as malware, social engineering, software supply chain attacks, advanced persistent threats, DDoS, MitM, phishing etc.
- Global cyber attacks increased by 38% into the year before!
- 83% of organisations had more than one data breach in the financial year.
- 85% of all breaches involved 'the human element' (the use of stolen credentials, phishing, misuse or human error).
- The cost of cybercrime is predicted to hit $8 trillion in 2023
It’s not about if you face a cyber attack! It’s about when! By 2025, 45% of global organisations will be impacted in some way by a supply chain attack.
Ready to identify your vulnerabilities? Talk to an expert
CATASTROPHIC CONSEQUENCES OF NOT HAVING A CYBER SHIELD
If your organisation doesn’t take a proactive approach to cyber security, the consequences can be catastrophic. These consequences may be operational, reputational, financial and legal.
- MILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN PENALTIES: Significant increase in the penalty amount of a data breach
- DIRECT: ransom payments, cost of investigation, recovery and legal fees
- INDIRECT: lost revenue from business disruption, lost customers and reputational damage
- DATA LOSS/THEFT: the loss or theft of sensitive information, including customer data, financial data, intellectual property, and confidential business information, can lead to financial, legal and reputational consequences.
- REPUTATIONAL DAMAGE: a cyber attack can result in a loss of customer trust and loyalty. This may lead to a decrease in sales, difficulty attracting new customers and long-term brand damage.
- LEGAL CONSEQUENCES: Australia has multiple laws in place that can cause massive legal repercussions for an organisation is not complied with. For instance Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) Commonwealth Criminal Code Act 1995. This can lead to loss of license for regulated businesses
- BUSINESS DISRUPTION: this can result in downtime, loss of productivity, and ability to serve customers, deliver products/services and meet deadlines.
PREVENT CYBER ATTACKS BEFORE THEY HAPPEN:
Penetration Testing is a proactive way of assessing the security of your organisation’s IT systems, applications, and infrastructure. A form of ETHICAL HACKING where specialised experts test the strength of your defences and identify any vulnerabilities that could be exploited by malicious attackers.
Whether it’s hosted in the CLOUD, INTERNALLY, OR EXTERNALLY, we have multiple scenarios to simulate an attacker who might attempt to breach your environment. Our Penetration Testing services will assist your organisation in identifying exploitable vulnerabilities that may be found in your environment.
Want to conduct a pen test?Talk to an expert
WHY GET PENETRATION TESTING?
Getting a Pen Test to find and fix all the vulnerabilities and security gaps in your business is the first obvious step! Let us find the security holes and the vulnerabilities before hackers find them! ... Whether you are looking to meet compliance requirements such as ISO27001 or PCI DSS and want to have a better understanding of your current attack surface, CISO Online security experts can assist you in assuring you not only meet those requirements but will validate that your current defence posture holds up against a cyber-attack. Discovering vulnerabilities is a significant advantage of conducting a penetration test. This allows for fixing the issues before hackers use them. The results of penetration tests can be used to strengthen a company’s security measures. When businesses invest in regular penetration testing, they become less vulnerable to cyber attacks, ultimately saving them money. After conducting a Pen Test, CISO Online will review the integrity of your organisation and implement strategies and frameworks to ensure your data is secure, access permissions are appropriate, and applications are compliant with the latest updates and are free from vulnerabilities. Additionally, it is crucial that organisations are compliant with regulations, such as ASIC or AUSTRAC, and laws within Australia that define cyber requirements and industry standards within organisations. Read more
BENEFITS OF PENETRATION TESTING WITH CISO ONLINE
- Harden Your Systems And Reduce Your Organisation’s Risk Exposure By Incorporating Cyber Security Into Your Overall Risk Management Policy.
- Avoid Business Disruption, Escalating Costs, Legal Ramifications, And Reputational Damage That Result From Avoidable Cyber-Attacks And Breaches.
- Independently Validate Your Organisation’s Security Posture And Processes Against Industry Best Practices To Achieve A Competitive Advantage In the Market.
- Provide Feedback On Vulnerabilities Uncovered To Development Teams To Drive Improvements In Secure Coding Practices.
- Achieve And Maintain Compliance Against A Range Of Leading Cyber Security Standards Such As PCI-DSS, ISO27001, NIST And Others
Ready to identify your vulnerabilities?Talk to an expert
- Description automatically generatedEXPERIENCED: CISO Online has a range of cyber security experts who have decades of experience in penetration testing and identifying security holes and vulnerabilities.
- EFFICIENT: we’re an agile team that tailors our services specifically for your needs, no paying for unnecessary extras Only pay for what you need.
- FLEXIBLE: we offer a range of services, packages and options, meaning we are flexible to fit your organisation’s engagement.
- RISK-BASED: we utilise a risk-based approach to target your organisation’s specific risks based on identified vulnerabilities during the pen test exercise.
- PROACTIVE APPROACH: we take a proactive approach rather than a reactive approach, identifying and addressing potential risks before they turn into full-blown security breaches.
Professional Guidance on Assessing Your Business and its Assets. Find out how CISO ONLINE can help your organisation empower your CYBER PRESENCE. Talk to an expert
WHAT ARE THE METHODS OF PENETRATION TESTING?
There are three main approaches for penetration testing, each of which depends on the depth of knowledge the tester has about the target system.
- BLACK BOX Penetration Testing
- WHITE BOX Penetration Testing
- GREY BOX Penetration Testing
These are all different approaches to simulating how a hacker would attack a network and identifying the vulnerabilities discovered. ...
BLACK BOX PENETRATION TESTINGIn a black-box testing assignment, the penetration tester is placed in the role of the average hacker, with no internal knowledge of the target system. Testers are not provided with any architecture diagrams or source code that is not publicly available. A black-box penetration test determines the vulnerabilities in a system that are exploitable from outside the network.
- External penetration testing is another name for black box penetration testing.
- In this method, the pen tester needs to learn about the organisation’s IT infrastructure.
- This process seems more like an experiment of a real-world cyber threat to test the system’s vulnerabilities.
- In this method, the pen testers pretend to be cyberattacks and try to exploit the vulnerabilities.
- This typically takes a long time and can take up to six weeks to finish.
WHITE BOX PENETRATION TESTINGWhite-box testing falls on the opposite end of the spectrum from black-box testing. penetration testers are given full access to source code, architecture documentation and so forth. The main challenge with white-box testing is sifting through the massive amount of data available to identify potential points of weakness, making it the most time-consuming type of penetration testing.
- Internal penetration testing, clear box, and even glass box penetration testing are other names for white box penetration testing.
- This penetration testing method gives the pen tester full access to the environment, source code, and it infrastructure.
- It is a comprehensive and in-depth pen test examining every aspect, including the application’s fundamental structure and code quality.
- Furthermore, completing this kind of pen-testing approach typically takes two to three weeks.
GREY BOX PENETRATION TESTINGThe next step up from black-box testing is grey-box testing. If a black-box tester is examining a system from an outsider’s perspective, a grey-box tester has the access and knowledge levels of a user, potentially with elevated privileges on a system. Grey-box pen testers typically have some knowledge of a network’s internals, potentially including design and architecture documentation and an account internal to the network. The purpose of grey-box pen testing is to provide a more focused and efficient assessment of a network’s security than a black-box assessment.
- The pen tester has limited access to information about the target system’s architecture and source code in this penetration testing method.
- Since the pen tester has limited information about the internal network or web application to work with, they can concentrate on finding and exploiting any vulnerabilities they find.
MOST POPULAR PENETRATION TESTING THAT THE CISO ONLINE TEAM CONDUCT:
We conduct different types of Penetration Testing based on your environment.
EXTERNAL PENETRATION TESTING
Assesses an organisation’s internet-facing network for vulnerabilities and security issues in servers, hosts, devices and network services.
WEB APPLICATION PENETRATION TESTING
The process of scanning and testing applications to identify and prevent security vulnerabilities in web applications.
MOBILE APPLICATION PENETRATION TESTING
We assess the security of your organisation's mobile applications, including iOS and Android, to identify vulnerabilities that attackers could exploit.
NETWORK PENETRATION TESTING
We assess the security of your organisation's network infrastructure, including firewalls, routers, and switches, to identify vulnerabilities that attackers could exploit.
WIRELESS PENETRATION TESTING
We assess the security of your organisation's wireless networks, including Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, to identify vulnerabilities that attackers could exploit.
CLOUD INFRASTRUCTURE PENETRATION TESTING
We assess the security of your organisation's cloud infrastructure, including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform, to identify vulnerabilities that attackers could exploit.
PENETRATION TESTING PROCESS
The penetration testing is performed in four phases which are:
WE IDENTIFY THE RISKS AND DEVELOP TAILORED SOLUTIONS
- Raise A Security Risk Per Identified Vulnerability/Security Hole.
- Rate The Security Risks Based On Impact (Consequence) And Likelihood (Probability) To Measure The Severity Of The Risk (EXTREME, HIGH, MEDIUM, LOW)
- Tailored Solution Architecture To Fix The Security Risks And Mitigate The Identified Vulnerabilities.